Monday, August 11, 2008

One Week Mark: Viennese Sewers

If you've never seen The Third Man, go put it on your Netflix list. Now. Classic noir film packed with action set on the streets of my (yes, I'm using the possessive now) Vienna. This movie is to this city as Manhattan is to NYC or Casablanca is to Casablanca. It might as well just be called Vienna. There's a neat little art theatre here that plays the movie on the regular, so my sister and I crashed it and even recognized a statue or two from our explorations of the city

The one week mark of my trip has now passed and, yes, I feel older and much wiser (and bearded-ier). This morning I said goodbye to the first city that I probably won't get back to. Budapest treated us well and as my sister so truthfully put it, ''I wish this city was in Fresno so we could always just go and visit it.'' Budapest for Fresno. If only.

Tomorrow, I'm up early to catch a plane for Tel Aviv. This marks the end of the first chapter of my trip, but more importantly the beginning of the next. I am very excited to see my Dad for the first time in over 3 months, as he has been living here for that time. It will be interesting to see a city from the perspective of a ''resident,'' so we'll see how that treats me. A few things I look forward to in residential life:

1. clean clothes.
2. consistent naps.
3. consistent showers.
4. clean clothes.
5. less snoring (maybe not)

Ok, I'm gonna hit the hay to see if I can get any sleep before my 5:30 alarm goes off.

No comments: