Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tel Aviv in a nutshell

I have spent the last two days walking this city up and down, but you only need a few hours in Tel Aviv to understand why this is such an easy place to be apolitical. The sea is warm, the food is plenty, the beaches are gorgeous, as are the women and the long boulevards. Welcome to Secular Israel.

Tomorrow we leave for the Kibbutz (read: collective community). And then over the border into Jordan. And then to the city of Jerusalem.

Tel Aviv might as well be another American city, except for the language and the fact that "everyone is Jewish" (a phrase my Dad will repeat constantly, each time to amaze himself). It looks as if my brief respite from the vagabond lifestyle is over, but I am excited to get myself back out into the unknown.

More stories on Tel Aviv to come, but for now my journey leads to the desert (cut to footage of camels and sandstorms...)

No comments: